Venison Ragu on a bed of Courgetti sautéed in a little olive oil, garlic, basil and chilli flakes!
This is basically my FORKINFIT version on Spaghetti Bolognese – and let me tell you – it is FORKIN DELICIOUS! I used venison mince in mine as it’s super lean and high in protein but you can also use beef or turkey mince if you prefer!
- 400g Lean mince
- 400g Tinned plum tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato purée
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil – chopped
- 2-3 large courgettes – spiralized
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 teaspoon of crushed chilies
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over a medium heat – add chopped onion, half the garlic and mince – cook until browned evenly.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato purée and season with salt, pepper and as much chili as you like – increase the heat to high and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes
3. While the ragu is simmering – in another pan heat olive oil over a medium heat, add the remainder of the garlic and sautée the courgette noodles until slightly softened but still al dente! Season and add chill flakes and the chopped basil just before serving!
4. Plate up and Dig in!