***Super Easy Brunch Alert***
Calling all lovers of epic brunches and lay ins!! This is a super quick and even tastier brunch idea that I came across on my travels of the “world wide web” and naturally meddled with to tickle my fancy! With a good dollop of home made guacamole added for good measure… what’s not to like?
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 green pepper
- 2 spring onions
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sweet potato
- olive oil
- ½ a fresh red chilli or chilli flakes
- 1 pinch of salt, cracked black pepper, paprika.
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1 mega serving of guacamole
- Slice pepper, red and spring onion into fine strips. Peel sweet potato into ribbons with a hand peeler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over a medium – high heat, chuck in the red/spring onions and pepper then crush a garlic clove directly into the pan – fry for a few minutes.
- Next add the sweet potato ribbons to the pan, tossing with the charred veg, and fry for another 3 minutes, or until slightly charred.
- Make 2 pockets to crack your eggs into and give it all a wiggle so the egg whites get well acquainted with the veggies in the pan.
- Season with sea salt, black pepper and paprika, then reduce the heat to medium–low and let the eggs cook for a few minutes to suit your yolkporn preferences!
- Serve with a spinkle of finely chopped chilli and coriander PLUS that dollop of guacamole you know you’ve been eyeing up!
- Job’s a good’n – Now get your chops around that bad boy!