These deliscious waffles are as clean as clean eating gets! Instead of eating processed batter mixes full of refined flour, sugars and fats – Try these as a nutritious yet scrumptious alternative!
Play around to your heart’s content, with the fruit choice until you find your own favourite – I think apple or banana also works great with this recipe!
Makes: 1 large waffle (or 2 small ones!)
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and spiralized on the finer blade setting)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 60g fresh blueberries (or fruit of your choosing)
- 1 tbsp honey or to taste (I use Manuka)
1. Preheat a medium frying pan, with half of your coconut oil over a medium heat. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato noodles and cinnamon together so it coats evenly.
2. When the oil sizzles when flicked with water, add the sweet potato mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes moving regularly or until the noodles have all softened.
3. Transfer the sweet potato back into the large bowl and mix in your beaten egg and vanilla extract. Carefully stir in most of your berries, leaving a few aside to garnish.
4. Coat the pan with the remainder of the coconut oil and either separate the mixture into smaller waffles or make one large one. Cooking 2 minutes each side.
5. Transfer to your favourite plate, chuck on the rest of your berries, drizzle with honey and tuck in!